Thursday, July 8, 2010

Settling In


The warm days of summer and cool nights have taken us by surprise as well as the late evenings. The sun seems to never set. Sometimes 10:00 p.m. activities are quite common.

This has been a major adjustment as we tend to get ready for bed around 9:00 p.m. with the sky still lit up. I understand they have this situation in Alaska. I am concerned what the winter will hold for us. It may get dark by 4 or 5:00 p.m.

Rain often soothes me to sleep. Not while in the camper. It has kept us awake often this week, as the winds and rain act like a roller coaster ride.

1 comment:

  1. I lead a church group for a week in 2006 to work with morning star baptist church in lame deer and birney, and we still talk about it. The hardest mission trip I've ever done, but by far the best and most blessed

    ReplyDelete